RESEDA NC Meeting Highlights
At the Reseda Neighborhood Council meeting on November 7, 2016 the Reseda NC did a lot:
- Joseph Campbell from Councilmember Bob Blumenfield's office announced Blumenfield's Holiday Mixer at the CD3 offices in Reseda on December 8, 2016.
- Officer Mark McKiegan from the LAPD announced a "Volunteers on Patrol" program for the West Valley
- Joseph Nakorda, LAUSD Director for the West Valley, came to introduce 3 new school principals in the West Valley: Sylvia Guzman of Bertrand Elementary School; Ryan Morse of the Leichman Career & Transition Center; Melody Welsh of Reseda High School.
- Saaliha Khan from the Northeast Valley Health Corporation made a presentation to the NC Board requesting a Neighborhood Purposes Grant to support their Holiday Toy Drive for disavantaged children served by their organization.
- Approved Financial statements for April 2016 and May 2016.
- Approved a proposal to hold a "RNC Holiday Mixer and Outreach Party" on December 19 2016 in the RNC Community Space in lieu of the second board meeting in December..
- Postponed consideration of the recommendation of the PLUM Committee to not support the development project planned for 7131 Baird/7132 Amigo in Reseda.
- Approved the allocation of funds for Reseda NC’s Holiday Party on December 19.
- Requested a Volunteer(s) from the RNC Board, or a community member, to act as a Homelessness Liaison with the City Housing Authority.
- Approved use of the Reseda Community Space and allocated funds to the Economic Development Committee for the purpose of hosting an Economic Development Workshop for Reseda businesses.
- The meeting was adjourned at about 8:54 pm.